Friday, March 18, 2011

The "D" Word

There are plenty of things I could blame for my excessive weight, like my thyroid or my son (hey, I DID gain a few pounds having him). But, I am not going to blame it on anything. Well... I'm not blaming it on anything but pure laziness. Don't get me wrong, I do WANT to lose the weight, I just want to do nothing to lose it. I refuse to diet (there's that four letter word), I'm always too tired to exercise, and I don't believe in taking pills. It's just too unnatural! Of course, I'm not saying that having a good 70-100 extra pounds is natural, just that it's sometimes easier to do nothing.

Realizing this, I decided that I needed to try taking baby steps at first. After all, bad habits are like a big, comfy couch: easy to get into, hard to get out of. I'm not sure where I heard that from, but I agree 100% with the person that came up with it. I am one big bad habit, and my life is FULL of bad habits. Taking the plastic thingy off the milk carton and throwing it on the floor (anyone have cats?), not cleaning my dishes as soon as I use them, waiting forever to take out the trash, etc. While the bad habits I just listed are pretty bad ones, none are as bad as eating to fill the time. I don't even seem to realize I am doing it anymore. As I see the needle rise higher and higher with each weighing, I get more and more worried about my weight and health. So, I have decided to not only keep a food journal (baby step number 1), I have decided to blog my feelings and emotions as I eat healthier.

I know that this is not going to be easy, and I know that I will struggle through each day. I am hoping that, with support, I will get through this experience without a few pounds. Maybe more than a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment